Recent News and Updates
Tau Phi Updates/News
July 10, 2021
- At this annual gathering, 60 Brothers and their guests at the Jim Evans Memorial Golf Tournament raised $1,200 for Tau Phi Delta Foundation scholarships for our fraternity’s student members.
October 25, 2021
- Previously delayed during the pandemic, the Tau Phi Delta Corporation returned with an in-person meeting. Outgoing president, Kody Unangst, conducted elections of new board of directors. Later, new officers were selected: Rich Kappel, Sean McCann, Dan Gerber and Jared Adams.
November 20 – 23, 2021
- Annual gathering of ΤΦΔ bear hunters held with three dozen Brothers camped at fraternity house with two groups organized drives in nearby state forestlands.
November 30, 2021
- Fund-raising appeal launched to raise much-needed funds to help pay for upgrading the facilities and remodeling the fraternity house in preparation for the centennial celebration.
December 6, 2021
- Annual elections of Penn State Alpha Chapter’s executive officers and committee chairs during last House meeting of the fall 2021 semester. New fraternity executives: Sean McCann, Jim McCreery, Jack Breen and Nick Hogg.
January 15, 2022
- Work session gathering of fraternity’s leadership at the biennial Tau Phi Delta Leadership Summit included officers of the Grand National Chapter, Penn State Alpha Chapter, Tau Phi Delta Corporation and Tau Phi Delta Foundation, representatives of assorted working alumni committees, and interested alumni Brothers and Little Sister alumnae. Topics included finance and budget, state of the house, renovation projects, centennial celebration and various other future topics. The meeting provided great feedback and advice for the active brothers, in addition to the alumni.
- Tau Phi Delta recruitment efforts rendered bids being distributed, seven of which were accepted.
March 15, 2022
- The return of the ΤΦΔ Outdoor Educational Series, with the “Mountain Lions In Pennsylvania and Eastern United States” presentation by fraternity alumnus and naturalist, Gene Odato.
March 26, 2022
- Brothers Matt Belia, Alex Shafley, Brandon Pacella and Tom Smith participate in the 2022 Michael Murphy Memorial Warrior Games.
April 11, 2022
- The 100th anniversary date of the official formation of our fraternity at the then-Pennsylvania State College Forestry Club on April 11, 1922.
April 23, 2022
- Tau Phi Delta Corporation’s biannual board of directors meeting with Grand National Chapter officers and Foundation trustees (10:00AM). Followed with South Seas Island Party revival and annual Blue White scrimmage football game.
July 9, 2022
- Annual Jim Evans Memorial Golf Tournament, hosted by Tau Phi Delta Foundation, to be held again (Note: A non-Arts Festival weekend) at the Skytop Mountain Golf Club in Port Matilda, PA. Shotgun tee time 9:00AM. Contact event co-chairs, Jim Cowan (email@example.com) or Gavin Collins (firstname.lastname@example.org), for more details.
September 10, 2022
- First home football game (vs. Ohio Bobcats) and pregame tailgate “gathering” to celebrate another Penn State Nittany Lion football season. Join us!
September 24, 2022
- Another home football game (vs. Central Michigan Chippewas) with one more pregame “gathering” in IM field parking lot.
October 1, 2022
- First Big Ten Conference home football game (vs. Northwestern Wildcats) and a tailgate with mountainside views of the fall foliage.
October 14-17, 2022
- Tau Phi Delta’s’ Centennial Celebration-100 Years In The Making!
Friday: Campus tours – PSU Arboretum and Forest Resources Building.
Brick oven pizza and craft beverage party at fraternity house – And
reconnecting with old friends and making ones.
Saturday: Barbeque lunch, centennial tree dedication at fraternity house and old fraternity house photo shoot. Banquet at Ramada Conference Center happy hours, fund-raising activities and history presentation.
Sunday: Brunch and keynote speaker.
Monday: Mont Alto Penn State Campus Reunion, with campus tour, alumni
reception and centennial tree dedication at campus arboretum.
October 21, 2022
- PSU homecoming parade featuring Tau Phi’s float promoting our 100th anniversary.
October 22, 2022
- Tentative: Tau Phi Delta Corporation’s biannual board of directors meeting.
- Homecoming football game (vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers) with the highly anticipated alumni tailgate celebration.
Subject to Change
October 29, 2022
- Annual White Out home football game (vs. Ohio State Buckeyes) and a daylong tailgate outside Beaver Stadium.
November 12, 2022
- Another home football game against interstate rivals (vs. Maryland Terrapins).
November 18 – 20, 2022
- Annual gathering of ΤΦΔ bear hunters, camped at fraternity house with conducting
organized drives in nearby Rothrock and Bald Eagle State Forests.
November 26, 2022
- Last home football game (vs. Michigan State Spartans) and College of Agriculture Tailgate and Auction (Ag Arena) and, more importantly, the first day of deer hunting season.